In this video I am plowing our almost two mile road with our 1980 Thiokol Super Imp snowcat.
It works great, and it is so nice to have an adjustable snowplow.
After a couple of months of using the snowcat, we end up having to replace the water pump due to overheating…and when I finally found a water pump that fit the existing bolt holes…I found out that it was the “long” version, building too much…making the water pump pulley be too far away for the belt to fit around the other two pulleys… A bit of a mess, but we ended up with the right pump in the end…
Watch our video here:
Some reflections after using the machine to plow snow
Our Thiokol Super Imp is an awesome machine, and the plow works just great. When we got the machine, I didn’t touch the plow…just looked at it… And, it was not before I really started using it I realized that the plow was actually some sort of poly material…cool.
Another thing we realized when driving it up to our property from a parking lot…in the dark. Uhh…if you lift the snowplow up, it actually cover the main lights on the machine. Interesting times getting home in the dark… We ended up putting some LED drive lights on the top of the cab, and that worked great!
- Wells Lamont Leather Gloves from Costco – My Favorite Gloves (Or Is It) - August 8, 2016
- Having a Bad Day and Welding Excavator Bucket Teeth - July 29, 2016
- Why you should not pull a large ATV trailer with your ATV - July 25, 2016
- How to Determine a Mountain Road Grade - July 22, 2016
- How to Transport a 275 Gallon Water Tank in a Truck Bed - July 21, 2016
- Living off grid – A Bear Ate Our Jeep - July 14, 2016