Chickens are great “dirt tillers”. The peck and scratch, so that the upper layer of the dirt is more or less being “tilled”. Throw all the wet garbage (rotten fruit, vegetables, etc.) on the ground, and you will have an awesome mix. The chickens will also get all the bugs you do not want in your garden area.
Actually, the best you can do is to use the chickens to prepare an are for planting by keeping them contained in one are at the time, and move them from area to area. The soil will end up being beautiful and ready for planting.
- Wells Lamont Leather Gloves from Costco – My Favorite Gloves (Or Is It) - August 8, 2016
- Having a Bad Day and Welding Excavator Bucket Teeth - July 29, 2016
- Why you should not pull a large ATV trailer with your ATV - July 25, 2016
- How to Determine a Mountain Road Grade - July 22, 2016
- How to Transport a 275 Gallon Water Tank in a Truck Bed - July 21, 2016
- Living off grid – A Bear Ate Our Jeep - July 14, 2016